Monday, December 7, 2015

MERCED CHRISTMAS PARADE

Nyob zoo, 
This past week was crazy awesome and just overall fantastic!! After emailing last week,  we went out with our favorite recent converts for lunch (they didn't know I wasn't leaving yet) and then went to take pictures at a park! Halfway through lunch (we went to Denny's) I told them I was staying and they were both beyond excited!!! 
On Tuesday we finally decorated our apartment! We found a HUUUGGGGEE box of Christmas supplies and got right to work! We ended up finishing around 2 AM but it was all worth it!! 
On Wednesday we had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple with my companion to get together our thoughts on how we want to train our trainee. Unfortunately since we stayed up till 2 we slept past our alarms and had to cut off a half hour of the hour and a half trip to the temple. it started at 9:30 and we ended up getting to the parking lot at 9:29 (we left at 8:27). We rushed inside the temple just to find out the session had just started. We were super bummed at first, but then we had the opportunity to go be witnesses to sealings for an hour!!! it was amazing!!! I learned so much during hat and we think that that is what the Lord wanted us to do!! Later that night we were visiting some of elder Pace's recent converts from Fresno and this one lady fed us what looked like beef on a stick. Turns out it was bear meat!!1 It was so weird to find that out but strangely...it's pretty good!!!
Thursday Elder Pace and I got our trainee!!!!! his name is Elder Gray and he's tons of fun! he's from West Jordan, Utah and loves everything basketball!! He's super good at Hmong too!!! 
On Saturday we got be in the Merced Christmas parade!! WE went around handing out over 1500 pass along cards!!! It was amazing! I felt like a STAR! I evenn got the crowd going oce cause when we were introduced I screamed, "YEEEAAAHHH WE"RE THE MOOOOOORRRMMMOONNNSSSSS!! WHAT UP EVERYBODY!!!" and people starting whooping and screaming! This one black lady screamed, " AWWW LAAAAWWWWDDD! THESE PEOPLE ARE HERE TO SAVE ME!" I don't know if she was being sarcastic or not but I ran onto the sidewalk and gave her a high five and a pass along card anyways. Aftwer the parade we were starting our mile and a half walk back to our car and I saw this huge group of cheerleaders...so naturally being the nice guy that I am I said "Merry Christmas ladies" to all of them. I kid you not, every single one of them in unison told me Merry Christmas back! It was awesome!! I've also found out this weird thing I have developed, every time I say Merry Christmas I wink at the person I said it too. So I winked at about 150 girls and 50 guys on the way back to our car....
Yesterday we went to an investigators house and went in planning to invite her to be baptized, we got about halfway through our lesson and were told by one of our recent converts that she had just had a couple of "drinks"...so that way depressing! But we're meeting with her again on Tuesday to teach her the Word of Wisdom!!! We can't wait!! I hope you all had a wonderful week!! Love you!!!

Elder Tub Ntxawg

SELFIE








No comments:

Post a Comment