Friday, December 4, 2015

3 Months out!!!!

Hello Everbody!!!!!, 
How has everyone's week been!? Mines been the craziest one of my life so far and here's why....Holy cow this past weekend has been such a roller coaster of emotions!!! The week was awesome! Monday we picked up a new investigator from one of our recent converts and she already agreed to get baptized!! She wants to come to church first before setting a date though so hopefully she can make it this Sunday!! And then we had a total of 6 Thanksgiving dinners!! But yet I was still able to lose 2 lbs!!! And then to top it all off, Saturday was the longest day of my mission thus far!! Nobody was opening doors, everybody was canceling on us, and to top it all off we were both super anxious about transfers! SO when we finally went home for the night we both had massive butterflies about call out. We got it at 10:30 and listened to it and freaked out! I was a Hmong Elder! After about 5 minutes of hooting and hollering and hugs we got a call from the zone leaders saying the Assistants missed saying that I would also be getting transferred...I went from the happiest I've ever been to absolutely crushed. I sat on the floor until it was time for bed with my head in my hands. I was so crushed. I was so confident I would be a Hmong Elder that hearing that I wasn't literally broke my heart. I didn't want to leave. I love the people here sooo much! I had worked so hard for this! We had a lot of investigators that we are preparing to invite to baptism within these next few weeks. We both just were down in the dumps for the night. I prayed and was laying in bed at 11 and then decided I wasn't going to be able to sleep until I really prayed to God. So i got on my knees and poured my heart out to him. I told him how grateful I was to have served in the Hmong Elder. I asked for comfort and immediately I got it. I asked for continued guidance and thanked him so much for the opportunity to go to a new area! I went to bed that night excited for transfers again. I couldn't wait to meet my new companion and go serve in a new area! And then we got a call at 8:34 exactly this morning from President I thought i was getting called to train a new Elder and I got even more excited! But, then he  said I was staying with Elder Pace and that we were training together... we both leaped up, knocking over our chairs and just hugged and bounced around! We are ecstatic and have more fire and desire than ever now! 
So thank you to everyone who prayed for me!! I appreciate it sooooooooo much! I am so honored to continue as an OFFICIAL Hmong Elder for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and cannot wait to see what the future holds in store for me!! 
I love you all!!!! 

Elder Richy!!!

No! Don't Leave!



No comments:

Post a Comment