Monday, August 22, 2016

Elder Witt & I Will Do Great Things!

August 22, 2016

Nyob Zoo,

Tuesday: We had transfers, Elder Harolds and I hugged goodbye and that was it. He kinda ran off after that. Haha he was ready to go home. It was a fun transfer together though. The rest of the day went pretty crazy after that!! SO I was paired up with Elder Hibbert (he's training too) for 2 days and served in his area. But getting to his area was the crazy part! SO missionaries are with their companions 24/7 except if you have special permission. Elder Hibbert and I got permission to SPLIT DRIVE!! WE had 2 cars that needed to go to his apartment complex so he and I got to drive by ourselves the whole way their. The trick to that is that we need still need to try to stay with in sight of each others cars, and trying to do that while driving in FRESNO, is SUPER HARD! But we pulled through! I had tons of fun serving with Elder Hibbert for the next 2 days though. It was pretty fun. He's a great missionary and I hope to serve around (or with) him again!!

Thursday: I got to meet my new companion, Elder Witt!! It was an interesting greeting, especially cause he ran away from me when I first met him!! Haha it was pretty fun though. We got back to Atwater pretty late that night so we didn't really have a lot of time for lessons but we went to a gas station to fill up the car we were using for the night. While there, we talked to everyone that came to the gas station. It was a really fun experience! We set up a few return appointments (they flaked...but still fun!!)! 

Friday: We met with Tom and had a pretty good lesson about the Plan of Salvation! He is starting to understand more and it's cool to see the growth he has made thus far!!! Still to anxious to set a baptismal date but it's ok!!! We'll keep working with him!! 

Saturday: Saturday I introduced Elder Witt to Winton!! Haha we spent basically the whole day there! It was super fun!!  We talked with everyone! So we and the Atwater 3rd Branch Elders (Spanish) made a kind of pact to talk to EVERYONE we see!!! And if you let someone pass you by or pass by someone, you have to do 5 push ups. It's been awesome!! We really do talk to everyone!! And sometimes while we're talking to others people still pass by so we have to do push ups but it's totally worth it! Elder Witt and I are going to do some great work this transfer that's for sure. With that being said, with all the people that we have talked to this week we have a TON of return appointments with people!! Now we just have to work on sorting out those who are truly interested and not!!

Sunday: Sunday was fun because we went to Yosemite for Sacrament meeting!!! I guess the Merced Stake goes and has a ward go up to a chapel in Yosemite every now and then. So we got permission to go and it was awesome! I was asked to speak...again...I gave a talk on Finding Answers Through Prayer, and for the first time in my ENTIRE LIFE I enjoyed and felt calm speaking from behind a pulpit. It was a really cool experience that I hope to have again. That's all for this week!! I love you all!!
Elder Richardson

Dinner at a members house.  These are pictures that the member took and texted to mom and dad while was there (Bro. and Sis. Wilcox).  They have a daughter serving a mission in South Dakota.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment