Thursday, August 17, 2017

6-5-17 - BAPTISM AND GOING BACK TO HMONG!!

June 5, 2017

Hola mis amigos y amigas!

These last few weeks have been pretty crazy! Here are some highlights of this last week though:

-I basically had an anxiety attack because we couldn't get a hold of our investigator whose getting baptized or the person whose baptizing her until Friday and Saturday (my companion tells me that's an understatement)...what can I say...I REALLY wanted to baptize!!!!

-We found 3 new investigators! All REALLY AWESOME!! There names are Tara, Cassandra, and Travis (Cassandra and Travis are a couple). We found Tara while going through Former investigators and she opened right up and even came to church on Sunday with her son Garret! She stayed aLL 3 hours!! it was awesome! Cassandra and Travis were found while we were contacting their neighbor across the street!

Here's how it goes; Elder Rust was talking to this guy while his dogs were barking up a storm, all of a sudden this drunk guy (Travis) stumbles out and starts shouting and saying profanities at us. Next thing I know I'm talking to him and he's telling me to (insert random car noise and be glad you didn't hear what he actually said) away. I had God on my side though...so I walked up and started talking to this guy and ended up getting in cool with him!! I set up a return appointment and he really appreciated the fact that we came back!!
They are so AWESOME!!!

-Kelly's baptism went GREAT! One of Kelly's (girl who got baptized) friends told the person that baptized Kelly that she wants to be baptized too!!! MIRACLE!!!! Baptisms are popping out left and right here!!!

And then...

-TRANSFERS...but to no avail.... I've been given the chance of a life time, and I WILL NOT disappoint. I'm going back to MERCED to the HMONG branch! And from what it sounds like, I will be finishing my mission there! I can't tell you all how grateful and excited I am for this! And I am going to be working harder than ever!

I'm going to miss this area, and Elder Rust, but I am SO happy it's being left in the hands of Sister Murray (super awesome Sister missionary here) and her new companion. I was a little stressed about what was going to happen at first.

I love you all!! Kuv Hlub Koj!

Elder Richardson

Kelly's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment