Thursday, August 17, 2017

7-3-17 - WELCOME PRESIDENT AND SISTER MACKAY - NOAH'S BAPTISM

July 3, 2017

Nyob zoo!!!

This week was a crazy one!! here are some of the highlights!

-President and Sister Clark went home!! Which is SUPER sad. But, our new Mission President, President Mackay, came in! My companion and I had the privilege of meeting him on Sunday as we were leaving church; he is AWESOME!! It's really different not seeing that name tag on President Clark, but at the same time, I know that this is the man that is now receiving guidance and counsel from our Heavenly Father on how the work is going to best progress here in the central valley!!!

-We found a cool new investigator named Vue. He's met with the missionaries pretty recently in the past and he is definitely considering baptism!! We need to help him see the importance of the Book of Mormon and then he will be set!!!

- On Sunday I got up and bore my testimony. The theme of fast and testimony meeting that day was definitely the importance of families, 2 members hadn't gotten up and talked about deceased members of their own family (one a spouse, the other about their youngest child). I got up and bore my testimony about my own family and some of the things I've learned from them. I really pointed out 2 qualities that have stuck out to me in my life.

My mom's self-less love. My mom has hauled and continues to haul around all of us kids to our different activities that we do. Most of her day seems to be spent in the car doing things for us kids!!! And when she does have a moment to herself..it's not long lived before we need to be taken somewhere again. My mother could very easily say no, but she loves us, unconditionally. Even though we don't deserve any of the things we ask for, she continues to give and give for us just to see us be happy. I'm so grateful for my mom's selfless love and hope to emulate that to my own children in the future.

My dad's selfless service. My dad serves EVERYONE! He has always been willing to drop what he is doing to help someone in need. That has helped me see something important. The Savior served EVERYONE that could be served! if someone needed his help, he was there. He didn't say, "Hold on a second." He stopped and went and ministered to those in need. I'm sure my dad has lots of other things he could be doing, but when someone needs help moving, or maybe needs help building a shed, etc...my dad is there. This is something that I feel I am picking up on more and more as I go and I love it. I LOVE helping people, I love the joy that comes across people's faces as i get to help them, no matter what it is!!!

I love you all!! Have a great week!!

Elder Richardson

I was able to go see Noah's baptism in my old area.  I had the privilege of working with their family.  His dad was able to baptize him.  When he saw me walk in he ran up and gave me a huge hug.  It was awesome.  



No comments:

Post a Comment